Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year- 2014

Posted by Unknown at 17:48
I couldn't help but wear Lolita as soon as I got home ^^'
Tea and Gingerbread for afternoon tea

Well my New Year was spent slaving away at McDonald's for eight hours, but hey look on the bright side of things...all this money for more Lolita.

I hope you guys have all had a good New Years, and hopefully everyone looks forward to the oncoming year. I hope everyone is healthy and happy for another year, and I wish everyone the best for whatever challenges they may face.

I myself will be going into year eleven once the school year commences, so I am rather apprehensive about the year of 2014. I will continue on with my passions and hobbies, Lolita Fashion especially, but the focus on studying will push everything back a bit.

My Lolita Fashion New Years Resolutions-

* Get at least one pair of Tea Parties

* Learn to coordinate better

* Get more Casual/Daily Outfits

* Wear Lolita more than once a week

* Own something from Baby the Stars Shine Bright

* Own at least three blouses

* Buy three more versatile dresses/Skirts

* Become more confident wearing Lolita

* Buy a new A-line petticoat

* Buy a small bell shaped petticoat


What is everyone else's goals for 2014?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my goals for 2014 are the same as yours, but my main one is to be brave enough as a Brolita to get 'out there' and to hopefully meet some understanding and friendly Lolitas and Brolitas. Where are you all and how do I get in contact with you? Is there a group or club? I'm in Melbourne.

Unknown on 13 January 2014 at 22:03 said...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy lately.

I understand that it must be really hard to feel comfortable being a Brolita in society, as I myself just have trouble being a female Lolita in public. Most of the time (well for me anyway), it is just your own fears holding you back. Don't be afraid to be who you are, and don't let any silly comments put you down. Be happy with who you are, and remember why you wear Lolita and what makes you happy. If someone dislikes what you stand for, and what you do with you own life...think of it this way. You don't want to be friends with someone who treats you that way in the first place so why should their opinion matter? Just continue on with your own life, and try your best to stay happy and confident (and don't let any ignorant female Lolita's get you down either).

I commend you for wanting to get out there, it is a lot more fun doing whatever you please. You shouldn't have to hide your hobbies, especially something as innocent and amazing as Lolita Fashion. I hope you get that confidence that you so rightfully deserve, and just keep working at it :)

I just did a quick search on Facebook and found a Melbourne Lolita Community Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/149936825062613/

You could also join this Australian Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443060415761383/

There could also be ways to get in touch with other Lolita's on other social networking platforms and EGL (don't know how to use Live Journal Sorry).

Good Luck ^w^

Post a Comment

 

Gothic Strawberry Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos