Monday 15 July 2013

How I fit the Lolita Cliché

Posted by Unknown at 19:29

  • I drink a lot of tea and I collect tea cups and tea pots. My favourite type of Lolita meet up is a tea party.

  • I am obsessed with Hello Kitty and Sanrio characters. I  love all things cute and adorable from bunnies to kitties. I collect cute stationary to try and add a little cuteness into my school life.


  • I can't bake unfortunately (I couldn't cook to save my life), but when I do get the chance I don't mind cooking a simple packet mix of cupcakes. I also really love to eat cupcakes. Not to mention I love everything sweet as I am the worlds worst sweet tooth.


  • I really like anime, that's how I got introduced to Lolita. I really like Japanese pop culture and I have a collection of anime figures, manga and anime boxsets...I even have a Vocaloid wall scroll.

  • I am very crafty. At one point I got into jewellery making, then scrap-booking, then I got into card making (which I still do from time to time). I have a draw full of craft supplies and even if I don't do much craft any more I still like to get some stuff out and make something every now and then.

  • I really like fairy tales, and I am a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland. I have a second hand hard cover Alice in Wonderland book and a second hand illustrated Sleeping Beauty book that I love to pieces. I also happen to like Anne of Green Gables believe it or not.


How I don't fit the cliché...


  • I am a little bit of a geeky nerd, which may not obviously be a thing of Lolita. I am a big fan of Doctor Who and I watch a lot of Sci-fi movies and shows such as Battle Star Galactica.

  • I can't sew to save my life, or knit very well and I have never crocheted. Ask the frilly Lolita to fix your clothes...it'll come back worse then what you started with ^^'

  • I do care about manners, but not to the point of Victorian etiquette. I do like English a lot, but I also like to stay current as we live in the 20th century, and I tend to swear sometimes (by mistake of course).



2 comments:

Laura Morrigan on 6 October 2013 at 19:08 said...

That teacup is amazing!

Anne of Green Gables was one of the most important books/movies in my childhood. Anne and I share a taste in poems, too.

I am pretty decent at sewing and have now made my first complete dress. I am working on the second but keep sewing bits together inside out.

I also love all things Victorian, and I was introduced to anime by my boyfriend just after high school. But I also love most things Gothic.

Unknown on 6 October 2013 at 22:59 said...

I'm happy you like my tea cup *-* ...its actually practically useless as it's left handed and I'm right handed, I only got it cause I thought it was pretty. I have more tea cups on my instagram if you wanted to see: http://instagram.com/magicalgirlusagi

I am rather jealous that you can sew, I can not sew to save my life which makes me rather sad. I have tried to learn but it just seems like something impossible to me. One of my friends can sew really well though and she made me two pairs of bloomers for my birthday which made me so happy.

If you don't love Victorian things even just a little then you couldn't call yourself a Lolita...I love all things Victorian and I became a Lolita through Gothic subculture.

Post a Comment

 

Gothic Strawberry Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos