Tuesday 1 April 2014

A Pleasant Weekend And a General Update!

Posted by Unknown at 22:03
Well I own slightly more Lolita now. Three (wearable) dresses (I still haven't fixed my Bodyline one), three skirts, two blouses, three cutsews and three petticoats. I have plans on buying two pairs of tea parties once I have the funds, and I have a skirt still on the way. I also plan on trying to stick with Classic from now on, to help build a consistent wardrobe. Although I mainly buy whatever I see that happens to catch my eye, as sometimes I just can't help myself. I'm hoping that if I keep trying my best to save that I can eventually have heaps of Lolita.

On another note, I cut my hair really short. For years I had always wanted long hair, even as a child...but something made me want to cut it off. I think that it's easier to style this length, and I think my wig looks better on me in Lolita anyway.I might buy a wig off Bodyline in the future as I really want to start wearing more wigs. What do you guys think of my hair?

Aren't these shoes amazing
I also had a very pleasant weekend out in Lolita last Sunday. I went to a small second hand market with my mother dressed in a rather casual Lolita outfit. I was wearing the same floral dress I always wear in public, as I find it's the easiest one to wear and less eye catching, and I wore my small old petticoat as I was driving. I always find it hard to drive in my dad's small car with a petticoat for some reason (anyone else have this issue?)

My mother and I decided to make a nice day out, and we went shopping beforehand. The market itself was quite small, and it had some really weird things there, but there were also some really nice shoes. Unfortunately a lot of the shoes I liked were way to big for my tiny feet, but I did manage to finally find a nice versatile pair of shoes that fit me quite well.

The pair that I bought only cost me AUD$10...what a bargain. They were also brand new, the store lady said she was selling them because they didn't fit her. These shoes are quite comfortable, and are easy to get on and off with the velcro straps. I think these shoes will look amazing with my Mystery Garden dress.

All in all I had a wonderful day out, and surprisingly enough I even got compliments on my dress. A lady at the shopping center said she liked what I was wearing while buying lunch, and so did several of my mums friends whom we ran into at the market. The lady that I bought the shoes from said she also loved my dress, and really liked the corset lacing on the back. It was a real confidence up-lifter and made me feel positively happy.

What was a positive experience you guys have had out in Lolita?




2 comments:

Laura Morrigan on 1 April 2014 at 22:57 said...

The shoes are lovely, and such a great price! Yes, I find people like my Lolita outfits, it is often just the name that seems to put people off. I like your hair, I cut mine too fairly recently, I think it was a month or so ago, and I love how easy it is to take care of now! And my head is less boiling in summer!

Unknown on 2 April 2014 at 21:09 said...

I usually don't tell people what it's called or bother explaining unless they are generally interested. I usually just say it's a cute Japanese fashion that I enjoy.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I curled my hair today, and I think it looks even better then when it's straight. Short hair is definitely much easier to style, so I can agree with you there.

Post a Comment

 

Gothic Strawberry Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos